November 30, 2018
“Bean-less” LOW-CARB Bison Chili
Watch the full Segment on Arizona Midday
Cold weather has settled in for the season! This is the perfect time of year for a big bowl of CHILI! I am sharing a recipe that has quickly become a family favorite in our household. This Bean-less Chili makes for a great low-carb option. The beauty of this dish is the ability to pair it with corn bread or sweet potatoes for those who love the carbs. This Bison Chili is a warm, hearty and healthy way to gather around the table. You can feed the entire family and feel confident in serving this flavorful meal.
Makes 6 Servings: Approx 1 cup
Protein 31g Carbs 6g Fat 25g (Calories 373)
- 2 pounds Ground Bison
- 3 cups Kale
- 2 medium Red bell pepper
- 1 medium Yellow Bell Pepper
- ½ cup chopped Shallots
- 1 cup Low carb Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top with: 1/4 cup parmesan cheese or shredded cheese
- Prep and chop the shallots and bell peppers, the set aside.
- Place Bison in wok over medium-high heat and start to brown it. Season with salt and pepper
- While the ground bison is browning, start to sauté your vegetables over medium-high heat in olive oil. Be sure to season with salt and pepper. Continue to stir and cook until tender.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper into Bison and stir well.
- Once the Bison is cooked, stir in the kale to the pot. Cook until tender
- Measure out 1cup of tomato sauce and add to the Bison. Stir well, then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the Bell Peppers and Shallots to the Bison mixture and stir well
- Lastly, serve and top with parmesan or shredded cheese and stir together.
Optional: Top with 1/2 an Avocado.